Opening hours and access rules
The H-FARM Library is open to all H-FARM students, teachers, and staff with the following directions:
- Winter schedule: from monday to friday: 8.30-22.00; saturday and sunday: 10.00-16.00
- External users: the access is granted to the public and to all users who are not currently enrolled in H-FARM's scholastic or academic system. To access the loan service simply register with the library system by filling out our form (registration for adults, registration for minors) and present it at the front desk from Monday to Friday, from 9.30 to 12.30 and from 13.30 to 17.30.
- Dogs are welcome everywhere on Campus; however, since the Library is a space of quiet and silence, we reserve the right to evaluate and grant access to the animal according to its size and general behaviour.
- We remind you that smoking is prohibited in all areas of the Library, and the ban also applies to Halliday rooms, cinema, and bathrooms.
Loans and returns
The Library offers a loan service to its users with the following rules:
- The service is available from Monday to Friday, from 9.30 to 12.30 and from 13.30 to 17.30
- Online registration is mandatory (registration procedure), to be finalized at the front desk when asking the very first loan. A step by step guide can be found here.
- It is mandatory to have your loan registered at the front desk: self-service is not permitted.
- The loan is strictly personal, and in order to obtain it, the presentation of an identity document or electronic library card is mandatory
- Students and Farmers: maximum loan equal to 5 books for 30 days (extendable for a further 30 days)
- Undergraduates, professors, researchers, visiting professors, doctoral students: maximum loan equal to 10 books for 30 days (extendable 2 times for a further 30 days)
- External users: as of now, the loan service is not activated for external users. Nonetheless, they can freely consult the Library material on location.
- In case the Library's material is damaged or not given back, the user will be affected by our penalties, which can be consulted here. The user will also have to reimburse the lost/damaged material and will be required to fill in this form.
To ensure that the Library service is enjoyable and productive for everyone, there are a few rules to keep in mind with a view to mutual respect:
- It is mandatory to mantain silence in all areas of the Library, to avoid disturbing users who are studying and using the services. Any group work can be carried out in the appropriate rooms (see section: "Room reservations")
- Excessive noise and behaviour unsuited to the Library space will not be tolerated; users may be excluded from using the services and spaces of the Library.
- In the study area it is allowed to drink, but not to eat.
Room reservations: Halliday room 1, Halliday room 2
Among the services offered by the Library, there is the possibility of booking rooms for conferences, collective study, group work, etc.:
- Reservation requests for the Halliday labs re made exclusively via email, sufficiently in advance, at the address: email@example.com. You will be requested to provide you full name, your email address, the total number of participants, and a time slot.
- The reservation can be done from monday to friday, from 9 to 5 pm.
- all rooms may be booked for a maximum of 3-hour slots.
- The Halliday labs follow the same opening hours as the Library.
Room reservations: Rosebud Cinema
Among the services offered by the Library, there is the possibility of booking the cinema for educational purposes:
- Reservation requests for the Cinema are made exclusively via email, at least one day in advance, at the address: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be requested to provide you full name, your email address, the total number of participants, and a time slot.
- The reservation must be done from monday to friday, from 9 am to 5 pm.
- The space may be booked for a maximum of 3-hour slots.
- The Cinema follows the same opening hours as the Library.
- The Cinema can host up to 52 participants.
- Both drinking and eating are strictly forbidden inside the room.
- Using the chairs as footrest is strictly prohibited. It is also forbidden to modify the normal layout of the chairs.
- The movie choice is responsibility of those who book the Cinema room.
- Since the cinema is located inside the library, it is kindly asked to respect the library’s rules of silence when going to and from the Cinema so as not to disturb the other users.
- During the school day (9-18), the cinema can be booked exclusively for educational purposes and the presence of a teacher to accompany the students is required.
- We recommend arriving a few minutes early to do the setup. In case of technical problems, please contact email@example.com.
Printing service for students
A printer is available at the Library to be used by students and teachers. It is freely accessible during the opening hours of the Library for prints and/or photocopies, for which it will be necessary to have a special badge, following these steps:
- Go to the Welcome centre to obtain the badge
- First top-up: 10€ = 100 Credits + free Badge
- Single sided B/W: 10 cents = 1 credit
- Single sided Colors: 40 cents = 4 credits
- Generic top-up: 10 credits = 1€
- When using the badge for the first time, you will be asked to enter your H-FARM credentials in the system (same username and password as your personal page).
The Library collections are divided in ten categories, distinguished by a numerical code shelf mark (Dewey Decimal Code) which allows them to be arranged in an orderly manner on the shelf. The sections are:
- 000-099: General knowledge
- 100-199: Philosophy
- 200-299: Religion
- 300-399: Social Sciences
- 400-499: Languages
- 500-599: Sciences
- 600-699: Technology
- 700-799: Fine arts
- 800-899: Litterature
- 900-999: History and Geography
- MYP section: the same rules apply; the dedicated shelf is at the back of the Library.
More information in our Archive section.
You can find a pdf version of The Library's rules here: Library Rules